In nursing, several models of reflection are used for reflection, and the Driscoll Model of Reflection is one of them. Want to gain enough knowledge about Driscoll Reflective Model? If yes, then this can be the right place for you.
In today’s blog, we have discussed the Driscoll Model of Reflection. With the help of this blog, you will come to understand the basics of this personal and communication development tool. So, let’s begin!
Know the John Driscoll Model of Reflection by Assignment Help Experts
The John Driscoll Reflection Model is said as a reflection framework, formulated into a structured process that guides in reflection. Several reflection models are available and choosing one cannot be the right choice. It is quite important to select a model that fit best and suitable for those who will be using it. The only disadvantage of the Driscoll Model of Reflection is that it fails to provide a deeper reflection. Therefore, in case you are looking to prepare an extensive or layered reflection, then this reflective model might not work for you.
This reflection model was developed by Terry Borton in 1970 and it is mainly based on three things. They are –
- So what?
- Now what?
Driscoll connected the above three components to a different phase of the experiential learning cycle. Then, added trigger questions to be answered in order to finish the reflection cycle. These three phases were developed in the years 1994, 2000, and 2007. Our Assignment Help Experts say that this is one of the simplest models of reflection.
By answering these three questions successfully, you may be able to analyses experiences adequately. Initially, you are required to explain the experiences or situations. This is quite essential. It will give you a complete idea to readers about what is going on. It can be achieved by concentrating on the ‘what’ question, you’re learning from the experience, and in the end, it encourages the readers to think about the situation which is also considered as the result of the reflection.
Step 1: what?
You are required to answer the following questions, to complete this step of reflection.
- Explain the incident/ situation/ or experience you are going to reflect on
- What happened?
- What did you do in that situation?
- Who was there?
- What was your experience?
Step 2: so what?
In the 2nd step of structured reflection, you may answer these questions:
- How did you feel when the incident/situation occurred?
- What was your reaction?
- How you reacted to that situation?
- Have you felt exactly about the situation as you are feeling now?
- Have you experienced any conflict concerning your personal values? If yes, discuss them!
- Has that situation influenced your experience?
- Who all were involved at the time of that situation/incident?
Step 3: now what?
The 3rd step of the Driscoll Model of Reflection is involved with the following questions –
- You’re learning from that particular situation/incident/experience
- Could you have been prevented negative results?
- How could you have been done so?
- What are the different steps or processes you might do when the same situation has occurred in the future?
- How can you prepare better to deal with such a situation?
- What are the areas to be focused on to effectively deal with such a situation?
To know more about the Driscoll Model of Reflection, you may opt for the university assignment help service provider, and Online Assignment Expert can be the right one! Here, you will find subject-matter experts who are highly-experienced, talented, and skilled in writing assignments for the Nursing reflection model. They are best in writing Gibbs Model of Reflection (1988), Schön Model of Reflection (1991) Driscoll Model of Reflection, Rolfe et al’s Framework for Reflexive Learning (2001), Johns’ Model for Structured Reflection (2006), Kolb reflective cycle (1984), Atkins & Murphy model , Brookfield model (2005), and Mezirow model of transformative learning . So, if you are finding issues to deal with the Driscoll Model of Reflection, choose us. With us, you will get the following features and services –
- Downloadable samples – This feature is available for those who want samples as a reference. Under this feature, we provide a well-composed assignment solution prepared as per the details and instructions are given by the university.
- Proofreading and editing – In many cases, students need help in proofreading and editing the assignment to make sure that the assignment written is free from error and includes all the information required to gain an A+ grade.
- Reasonable price – You don’t need to pay a huge amount to avail of our features and/ or services. All the services are being offered at friendly prices. So, don’t waste your time here and there and simply enjoy the best assignment help with us.
- Original and unique content – Being a student, you may be aware of the importance of original and unique content. Whenever you are assigned with an assignment, the assessor expects to get a well-researched, well-written, and correctly referenced assignment solution. Worried, how to reference the Driscoll model of reflection? Avail assignment help!
- Live support – Choosing us to ensure you get online customer support round-the-clock day in and day out to assist you in terms of writing, proofreading, editing, and quality-check.
- Instant assignment help – We know that there are students who leave their assignments for the last day and several issues are encountered when they begin to write assignments at the last minute. In such cases, you can reach us and get instant assignment help where we deliver a complete solution paper within 6 hours.
So, why worry about the Driscoll Model of Reflection, when we, at Online Assignment Expert are actively working 24×7. Just reach us via Email, Live Chat, Phone Call, and/or WhatsApp.