Five Big Mistakes to Avoid While Writing English Assignments
'The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool'- William Shakespeare.
English represents the highest form of emancipation to a student of language and speech. Referring to the articulate study of creative texts from all over the world, the inquiry of English has evolved in parallels with creative geniuses of the world. To Ruthford (2013), it is a chance to discover variables of textual formations in making sense of this world through forms of stories, poems, novels and plays. This is why English inquiries are the epitome of course choices for many students in Australia. As the language itself is undeniably one of the most important and influential languages, it has adopted several styles and formations over the years. Australian Universities provide prominent genres on this topic.
However, many English literature and language students find it difficult to keep up with a load of intensive studies that require complete dedication towards reading large amounts of texts and are unable to cope with deadlines and submissions. They are often caught in difficult situations when they become unfamiliar with literature writing standards of inquiry. At Online Assignment Expert, we offer English assignment help services through the help of members who have completed their doctorate in English literature. Our assignment help services provide many English literature and language assignments that revolve around grammar styles, research on language, novels, poetry, drama, film and prose.
Mistakes to Avoid While Writing English Assignments
English Assignments in Australian Universities familiarize students with various varieties from literature analysis. Cherowitz (2017) assembles the various literature tasks- from character analysis in classics to a narrative of wars to medieval age events. English assignments are unique to different university academic standards in Australia. A brief overview of the generic mistakes to avoid while writing English assignments are:
- Not conducting enough background research - Among several similar mistakes, the most common mistake university students make while writing assignments or essays is that they lack sufficient knowledge about the subject and fail to adhere to the proper research about requirements. It further leads to insufficient research citations required. Students can consult our experts or online academic resources to investigate the research material and present it clearly in their essays or assignments. This will help in the overall performance, and students will stand a good chance of scoring well. They should always give their full potential to understand the given topic by adhering to the research level on that topic.
- Usage of redundant information - Secondly, presenting arguments or research that repeats the same point creates monotonous tones in the academic presentation. Your papers' repetition of academic research and findings, especially in the Introduction & Conclusion segments, makes your assignment dull. Hence, attempts should be made to make the assignment well researched with a plethora of coherent arguments for analysis and the presentation of several issues with ideas, suggestions, add images, raise questions for the audience to think, and avoid redundant information in the document. Repetition of words, phrases & clauses shows that students cannot comprehend the deep analysis required to structure well written English assignments. Students should always try to set the first impression on professors with their rich content and no redundant data.
- The Crime of Plagiarism - Plagiarism is a common mistake that students often go unnoticed under duplicate check tests run on assignments by professors. Copying content from online websites or books eliminates the possibility of creative thinking while writing assignments to score high marks. There are several plagiarism checkers online like TurnItIn that can be used to ensure the written assignment is free of duplicate content. The plagiarism report shows the percentage of content copied from other sources and not cited in the document. This report reveals that students have not done their basic research resulting in serious impacts and is considered an offence.
- Avoiding Formatting & Making Grammatical Mistakes - In writing academic papers, formatting the document plays a major role in scoring high marks. After writing the first draft of your English assignment, it should ensure that the document is properly aligned, titles are appropriately named, and grammatically correct sentences. The document looks neat and readable to the reviewers. Further, the paper's tone must always present formal writing styles and using informal pronouns as language must be avoided. While elaborating on a topic, try to frame sentences coherently to make your points visible to your professors. Other than these mistakes, they also end up doing a lot of spelling errors while writing assignments which must be given the utmost importance because that reflects one's professional ability and skills. Several online spell check websites like Grammarly.com help to do the corrections. Finally, ensuring that the document's structure is appropriate and narrates the story well. The document's structure is very important because ordering the content helps convey the information. Therefore, proper titles, related images, and appropriate order complete an assignment.
- Inadequate Citation and Academic Referencing - Students' major mistake while writing their English assignments is not conducting adequate educational resources and references and improper use of citation, which spoils their work. Academic referencing projects students' efforts and validates their work; hence, it's important to provide sufficient citations and academic referencing in assignments. Citing a reference acknowledges the study students have referred to and allows professors to find the work that they have cited. Each source cited in the assignments has some implications. Academic referencing conveys that students are not the first to write on that topic and shows that they use others' ideas to create a new ones. Thus, professors could track those references to get more ideas about a particular point they have made and also allows them to see how dated the information might be. Use words, facts, ideas, or explanations from other works that should be cited. When students have copied texts from an essay, an article, a book, or other sources verbatim, which are called quotations, those must be academically referenced. One should do the referencing even if they use an idea or a fact from some other's work or even if they haven't used their exact expression. When the information is considered common knowledge, it need not be cited.
All in all, several challenges may arise while writing assignments. To help with any doubts, you may access some of the English assignment help services. You can browse through a thousand samples on our website and get adequate help to reach university standards of inquiry. Moreover, our assignment provider service is passionately driven to cater to all subjects in Australia under our thousands of assignment help services. Furthermore, you can get expert academic guidance from them at any time of the day.