Students pursuing nursing courses may be asked to write assignments for bowel cancer thus, it is important that they have good knowledge about its symptoms and treatment. This blog will provide you with a lot of information on the same, so just read the offered by the experts offering nursing assignment help.
Understanding the bowel and bowel cancer
Bowel cancer and prostate cancer are common forms of cancers among New Zealand adults. Around 3000 new cases are seen per year in New Zealand. The highest bowel cancer rate is identified in the western world.
The bowel is a muscle part of our digestive system from ranges about 6-meter-long. It lies between the stomach and anus.
The below-given picture will help you to understand it clearly:
Symptoms of Bowel Cancer
As we have discussed that Colon cancer mainly affects the large intestine. From the above image, we can see that the colon is the final part of the digestive tract. However, the local symptoms of bowel cancer are as followed:
- Generally, it affects people who are more than 50 years old but it can happen to any age.
- Colon cancer begins with small, benign clumps of cells which are also known as polyps. As time passed, these polyps form into colon cancers.
- Polyps are small in size and produce too. Thus, the doctors and nursing assignment help experts recommend regular screening tests which can help you to identify polyps and remove them timely. Doing so will prevent colon cancer.
- A change in bowel habit lasting longer than 6 weeks (e.g. loose stools, diarrhea or constipation)
- Blood in the stools and/or bleeding from the rectum
- Stomach pain
- Weight loss
- Symptoms of anemia
In case, if colon cancer spreads, there are many treatments available to control it. The assignments related to bowel cancer need knowledge of such treatment to write their assignments flawlessly. However, here are the few types of treatment explained by our academic writers. They are surgery, drug treatments, radiation therapy such as chemotherapy, immunotherapy and targeted therapy.
Effective Treatment Methods for Colorectal Cancer
Here are a few initial treatments for colorectal cancer described by our nursing experts.
- The treatment can be surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy to kill cancer cells.
- Surgery is the only treatment for stage I and stage II bowel cancer.
- In case, if colorectal cancer is spread to lymph nodes which are stage III, chemotherapy is the treatment because the risk remains high even after removing the cancer cells. Once bowel cancer is spread to stage III and IV cancer, chemotherapy treatment is required.
- Nowadays, biological drugs are being used with chemotherapy if metastatic bowel cancer takes place.
- Radiation therapy is also used to control the rectum of cancer.
Do You Have a Nursing Assignment Task?
Students who have been asked to write assignments for the above given or similar topic and need assistance, feel free to contact Online Assignment Expert. The subject-matter experts are available day and night to help you with all the assignment-related concerns. The experts associated with us are professionals and have created a number of papers for university.
You can simply make a call to us and enjoy nonstop science assignment help with us!